Cherry body damage... Think I can fix it?

So, this is my cheap jeep... The one I bought sight unseen...

Anyways, it has some mysterious body damage. I'm going to have to ask the PO how she managed to do this.

Anyways, so...

Looks alright from this side:

Image Not Found

Umm

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

So, I guess it took a hit at the B piller, near the top... I have no idea how. The door is bent, the pillar is bent in a bit, and the roof is all punched up.

Hard to tell from pictures but looks like it was hit in the side, or front then kinda fixed and painted a long time ago.... Some tell tell signs would be look at where the fenders bolt up the top. You will be able to tell if something was moved.

Look at where the bumpers bolt to the uni-body, Also check the front windsheild to see if its aftermarket or oem.. You will have a time pulling all that out unless you have a frame table/platform.

The headers paint dosent look like it matches very well either...

I'd say she jumped a curb and came down HARD on the right side frame "rail," bending the chassis on that side. Take a good look underneath and see if the frame runner is straight in the vicinity of the B pillar.

I think the entire unibody is sprung. Can it be fixed? Sure. But probably not by you in your garage at home.

It appeared square on the bottom. But I haven't been under it yet. And it wasn't hit in the front. It has the stock header panel, and the fenders haven't been off that I can tell. Wasn't hit in the rear either, near as I can tell.

It has an impact mark at the top of the door where it is creased, at least it looks like that. There's cracking inside the door frame (I can fix that). It's hard to say how bad the whole pillar is shifted in, or if it really is even. I think I'm going to tape measure it a bunch. The rood is definatly not all level though.

I think I'll tear the interior out too and see what else I find. It's probably a write off, and I should just part it... But we'll see.

If the floor pan ("frame") is straight, it can be fixed. The roof is actually easy to remove and replace -- it's apparently held on mostly with construction adhesive. So your best approach might be to get a "new" roof from a junkyard, take off the bent roof, set the new roof in place and then straighten the B pillar to where the roof fits correctly. Then button everything up.

One of my friends in NAXJA rolled his XJ and squashed the A pillars. I got him a new roof and that's basically how he approached it.