XJ to MJ questions

I am stripping a 89 XJ 4x4 and wanted to ask the following:

1) Is the engine computer the same from the XJ to the MJ (MJ is an 89 also). Additionally, does it matter that the MJ is not a 4WD?

2) Does anyone have any experience with removing the electric window assemblys from the XJ doors? On this XJ they seem to have been riveted into the door rather then screwed/bolted...normal?

3) Master/slave cylinder on the XJ (that had antilock) are interchangable with non-antilock MJ units? (they look the same, if that helps).

Thanks

1) Is the engine computer the same from the XJ to the MJ (MJ is an 89 also). Additionally, does it matter that the MJ is not a 4WD?

2) Does anyone have any experience with removing the electric window assemblys from the XJ doors? On this XJ they seem to have been riveted into the door rather then screwed/bolted...normal?

3) Master/slave cylinder on the XJ (that had antilock) are interchangable with non-antilock MJ units? (they look the same, if that helps).

Thanks

1) ECU should be the same. It has nothing to do with the 4WD.

2) You have 2 options. You can either drill out the rivets and just bolt everything into the MJ doors or you can simply swap doors and associated wiring.

3) I can't really help on the whole antilock thing. I belive you would have alot of work in that one due to wheel speed sensors and wiring associated with the antilock. You might even have to swap axles to keep the wheel speed sensors. I don't know this for sure.

The computers can interchange if the engines and transmissions are the same. If not, you may have problems.

The regulators are riveted in from the factory. Use a small drift punch to drive the rivet center pin out first, then they will drill out easier. Use 1/4"x20x1/2" bolts to install them back in.

Not sure about the master, but the boosters are the same.

Thanks for your answers - this place is great!

now, for the next question:

if you stay within one model year, I have found that most of the XJ's have the same wiring harness (but different sub-harnesses). Does anyone know if that holds true across the model lines (i.e. XJ and MJ) as thier cabs are fairly similar? I am specifically talking about the in cab harness under the dash.

Or - do I have to pull the entire dash out both and switch the harnesses? I am trying to add electric windows/locks from the XJ to the MJ.

Thanks Again.

Thanks for your answers - this place is great!

now, for the next question:

if you stay within one model year, I have found that most of the XJ's have the same wiring harness (but different sub-harnesses). Does anyone know if that holds true across the model lines (i.e. XJ and MJ) as thier cabs are fairly similar? I am specifically talking about the in cab harness under the dash.

Or - do I have to pull the entire dash out both and switch the harnesses? I am trying to add electric windows/locks from the XJ to the MJ.

Thanks Again.

If you use the XJ interior harnes in the MJ you're going to have to start cutting and splicing wires at the connector that goes back the the taillights and fuel pump. The connector is differnt.