lwb lift MJ lean to ds front

Has anyone else had this issue? how did you solve it?

I have the rustys 4.5" crap lift and the front has saged 1" to the front DS .a freind of mine has a 3" lift on his and it is leaning the same way.

I even have extra spacers 3/4" on the DS and it still sags.

any ideas?

P.S this truck has never been wrecked and set dead level side to side with the stock suspention setup

Carmine...you know how to fix it. Get rid of that CRusty's Crap and replace it with RE springs or some of the new ones from Motion Offroad ;) . Not intended to be a total smartass reply, but kind of... :brows:

I know it would be a bit of a PITA, but just to be sure it's the spring you could swap sides and see if it leaves the right side low.

I used OME 2-1/2" lift springs and they were specifically marked drivers side and passenger side. Oddly enough, the passenger side spring was slightly taller than the drivers side. But it sits perfectly level, so the spring rates must be different.

I actualy tried the spring swap and it resettled rather fast to the same thing, Then I raised hell with rustys and they sent me one spring and that didnt help.

As far as replaceing the lift I do plan on that , but I want to figure this out before because if I swap the lift and it still leans I'm a gonna snap :eek: :D

My friend lwb MJ has a rough country 3" lift and his sags as well

so thats why I am just not saying it's all a rustys issue .

just wanna spend wisely and only once more ;)

That's what I was wondering about. I was thinking that it may actually sit level if they are swapped.

You think Rusty's actually put that much effort into them? :roll:

Back in the day I had a set of Rusty's 4.5" coils on my XJ and had the same issue after a few season's for wheeling. I swapped them from side to side and had the same result's on the other side.

I've had my issues' with Rusty's parts; but won't go into that here.... ;)

Guest vzehler

Its a pretty common problem to have them installed on the wrong sides but if that didn't work and the additional spring they sent you didn't work I would attempt to send the lift back and get my money. If you used a credit card and its been less than 30 days you can dispute the charge with your credit card company if he gives you a hard time.

I actualy tried the spring swap and it resettled rather fast to the same thing, Then I raised hell with rustys and they sent me one spring and that didnt help.

As far as replaceing the lift I do plan on that , but I want to figure this out before because if I swap the lift and it still leans I'm a gonna snap :eek: :D

My friend lwb MJ has a rough country 3" lift and his sags as well

so thats why I am just not saying it's all a rustys issue .

just wanna spend wisely and only once more ;)

:beerhead: OME! :beerhead: You got me thinking so I went out and measured. The passenger side is 1/4" higher than the driver side; two year old 3" lift.

I am thinking of slapping a set of F-150 coils in it ...no way those will sag. May ride like a brick but I had a '99 XJ with a set ant it was fine.

I am also looking at J-10 or J-20 rear springs. They have a higher rate and are the same length/offset.

Might make a half ton truck out of the MJ!