How much is 10 tons of crushed gravel?

1990 Pioneer 4x4

It depends on how finely it's crushed and the moisture content.Basicallly gravel is calculated to weigh a little over 1/2 ton per cubic yard. 1,080lbs to be exact.1 cubic yard will cover 3 sq yards when spread to a depth of 4in.

1 cubic yard is 27 cubic feet. 1 cubic yard will cover 3 square yards at 12 inches deep; at 4 inches, it'll cover 9 square yards.

It depends on how finely it's crushed and the moisture content.Basicallly gravel is calculated to weigh a little over 1/2 ton per cubic yard. 1,080lbs to be exact.1 cubic yard will cover 3 sq yards when spread to a depth of 4in.

One cubic yard of water is 765 litre is 765kg or about 3/4 ton. You telling me gravel has a lower density than water? Then how come gravel sinks?

My book has the lightest gravel listed as 1522 kg/cubic meter. Natural gravel with sand is 1922. Since there is .765 cubic meter in a cubic yard, that would be 1164kg for the loose dry gravel, or 2560 pounds. 1.3 ton per yard.

10 ton ~7.7 cubic yards, and cover (assuming 4" deep) 70 square yards or 625 square feet. That would be 25x25 feet, or enough for a parking area for 3 cars.

How big of a pile is it?/How many yards is it? :hmm: My wife won it in an auction.

Hope she doesn't have to go get it, she'll be pretty tired after shoveling all that. :D :D :D

Scott

She actually put bids on, and won all three. 10 tons gravel, 10 yards gravel, and 10 yards of top soil. Fortunately, it’s all delivered!

...Eagle comes to the rescue.
Not the first time. I think i may need more gravel...

What are you building? 27 feet x 27 feet times 4 inches deep is a lot of dirt. 'Specially if you have to haul it in a Comanche.

We’re filling in some low areas & large dog holes; also making a gravel path (5/8” -) through the lower portion of the back yard.