Harmonic vibration above 70MPH

My Comanche has a vibration that begins at 70 MPH, it's not an " wheel out of balance"  shake but more of a pronounced humming you can feel on the floor board and hear through the cab. I have replaced the extension housing bushing in the transmission,u-joints, spider gears and rear wheel bearings which where worn out anyway. I know these problems are difficult to diagnose without audio/visual but have any of you had a similar problem? I'm leaning towards the drive shaft having to do something with it since It's got that stupid rubber insert, any of you guys have a clue to what may be causing it? thanks

Suggest having the DS balanced, or poor man balance with two hose clamps on the DS.

Put them both at 12 oclock, drive, if bad or worse move clamps till better at both 180*, then split at 270* etc.

Without being there myself I wouldn't totally rule out a tire issue either, could have thrown a wheel weight and or something causing an out of balance like mud or debris in wheels or brake drums?

Oh, OK. I didn't realize there was any rubber components in the rear driveshaft.

1989 Jeep Comanche 4.0L 5 Speed 4x4 Long Bed 4.10s LSD

1991 Jeep Comanche 2.5L 5 speed Red Short Bed

FYI, some people assume that because the (stock) MJ DS is internally dampened with a huge chunk of rubber it cannot be shortened,

it can be shortened, and will work, mine was shortened, and works well.

FYI, some people assume that because the (stock) MJ DS is internally dampened with a huge chunk of rubber it cannot be shortened,

Of course the 2WD shafts can all be shortened. The problem is that sometimes they can't be balanced afterwards because of the deteriorated rubber sheath inside.

Of course the 2WD shafts can all be shortened. The problem is that sometimes they can't be balanced afterwards because of the deteriorated rubber sheath inside.

Thanks Hornbrod, that was the case with mine.