rear bumper, will it fit?

You would have to change the "U" shaped brackets to an MJ style like theses

Razor-Front-Bumper-Large-01.jpg

custom-comanche_2_lg.gif

38589434003_medium.jpg

Take a moment and seach the site..If i remember corectly.....someone has posted a template with dimensions for the cuts and bolt holes.  :thumbsup:

The width of the mounts is the biggest problem. They're not even close to being the same distance apart as XJ mounts. On the plus side, you can easily cut those mounts off and weld on MJ mounts. Nate's 4x4 sells just the brackets, iirc they're $50. I wouldn't bother though unless you're getting a good deal. Looks like it's just a 2x5 with some face mount clevis mounts welded on. You could build the same thing for pretty cheap. I built basically the same thing for my XJ, but just using the stock mounts on an XJ is pretty stupid if you're going to tow or recover from it. Better off cutting out the frame rail ends and running the mounts inside the frame rails and bolting through. Not that that matters for your MJ.

I made custom brackets to mount an XJ rear bumper to my MJ. If you put that custom one on my brackets it might interfere with the rear body, but I'm not really sure. I was able to trim the original XJ plastic rear bumper ends to fit the MJ lower bed corners. I'm not sure how that would work with a custom one. If you go into the projects section look up "Comanche Limited" for my build thread and pics of the mounts I made. With the cost of the metal to build mine and the engineering time, it might just be easier to buy the pre made brackets and weld them on to that bumper.