Calling all database geeks

Eagle

Guys, I need some assistance. I shoot at a small, commercial shooting range. They hold an informal weekly competition. There's a raffle for a small share of the weekly fee, but what's really at stake is bragging rights. (Although I'm not sure why I might wish to contemplate bragging that I have an ironclad grip on last place, but ...)

Anyhoo -- bragging rights don't mean much if nobody can remember who shot what score, when. The range owner asked me if I can come up with a way to use the computer to track the standings. I know I could do something quick and dirty in Excel, but I think a database solution would be better. Does anyone have enough database experience to help me set something up?

I have (pardon the pun) access to Access, Paradox, Lotus Approach, and Alpha Five. I don't know for sure that the range has Access on their computer. I have the runtime module for Alpha Five, so my preference would be to create the database in Alpha Five and then convert it to a free-standing application. But -- even if I have to set up a trial version in Access first, that'll show me the structure and I can work from that to migrate it to Alpha Five.

Any database gurus out there?

:???: :huh???: :agree: :papers: :papers: :shake: :beerhead: :dunno: :dunno: :???: :huh???: umn.gifumn.gif :rotfl2: :wall: :wall: :agree: image_209027.gif :grrrr: :???: :dunno: :huh???: :huh???: :wavey: :wavey: :beerhead: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :typing: All greek to me! Bump to keep it alive for you :hateputers: