XJ Seatbelts?

Will they work in the MJ? My Drivers Side Black Seatbelt on my new 87 won't enguage and I think it's probably gone...

Will XJ front belts work? If so, I can probably find one at the PnP (since all they have is XJ's)

If not, does anyone have a Black Drivers Side Belt Assembly they would be willing to part with

Thanks

SW2

What exactly is wrong with it?

From what I understand, XJ belts are different.

It Won't retract... Pulled 90% of the way out and hanging there. I can't get it to pull the "excess back in"... I have the panel off, but don't see anything really wrong with the retractor, it just doesn't appear to have the coil or spring action that is supposed to pull the belt back in.

SW2

someone did make them work. i know it can be done.

shoot me a pm...even though your belt doesn't retract, I would be interested in picking up the pair of them if you're interested in selling them. i know i can rebuild them too and i'd offer, but most likely wouldn't ever send them out again :brows:

someone did make them work. i know it can be done.

shoot me a pm...even though your belt doesn't retract, I would be interested in picking up the pair of them if you're interested in selling them. i know i can rebuild them too and i'd offer, but most likely wouldn't ever send them out again :brows:

As of right now, I'm not parting out this MJ, so I guess I need to replace or fix this one...

Click It or Ticket!

SW2

Most likely the watch spring is broken. I flipped mine. Made the outer end the inside end. Then just tape the broken ends together. There is enough length that the broken part will still be within the coil. It's a little slow but works. Otherwise find a donor spring. Probalby a passenger one since it might not be as used.