Pine tree motor mount

ridergoatee

Don't really think this belongs in the tech forum,sometimes I think there should be a dumbass forum!Went wheelin sunday and quickly realized I left out replacing a motor mount on my to do list! :dunce: Didn't take long to figure it out,either. So, pack it in for the day,or not. NOT. The pic shows a little of my temp fix. I found a piece of dead pine tree and crammed it into the void created by no rubber bushing. And damn if it didn't work for the rest of the trip! Inspection after trip checked out ok. Will post pics of trip soon in the trips forum.Update: pics are posted in wheelin and trips forum.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I've heard of a few quick fixes, ratchet strap,etc. I went with this to get me thru the day. And it worked. By the way Pete, did u get my email about my avatar? thanx, ko

LOL. Was going to ask why you used a chunk of soft-a$$ pine. Then went to view your trail pics, saw you were wheelin' up in the hills near the Springs? After many many trips to Petersen and the beautiful surrounding countryside, I can see why you used pine - there ain't nothing else up there. :cheers: