two (2) questions

1. I’m looking to upgrade my D35 to a D44. I hear that some MJ’s came with the D44, so there must be some new, full rear axle units available that would bolt right up – right?

2. I have a Warn 9,000 winch on the back that has been integrated into the bed rails with some help of some added structural pieces, but has anyone experienced any problems using a winch up front and bending the uni-body?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. This is the first time I’ve posted a question or photos of my MJ, but have been reading stuff on this site for nearly a year…

1. I’m looking to upgrade my D35 to a D44. I hear that some MJ’s came with the D44, so there must be some new, full rear axle units available that would bolt right up – right?
\

Yes. But good luck.

XJs came with them too, which you can use, with new spring perches and shock mounts welded on.

I hear that some MJ’s came with the D44, so there must be some new, full rear axle units available that would bolt right up – right?

New? As in, "new"? The MJ has been out of production for 16 years -- the possibility of any new MJ D44s existing is so small I don't think mathematics has developed a name for the number of zeroes after the decimal point before you get to the significant digit.

2. I have a Warn 9,000 winch on the back that has been integrated into the bed rails with some help of some added structural pieces, but has anyone experienced any problems using a winch up front and bending the uni-body?

Theoretically possible on a side pull, but highly unlikely if the winch is installed correctly.

New? As in, "new"? The MJ has been out of production for 16 years -- the possibility of any new MJ D44s existing is so small I don't think mathematics has developed a name for the number of zeroes after the decimal point before you get to the significant digit.

Au contrair mon ami. Tapco still has new (surplus) rear axle assemblies for the MJ. Awhile back I ran the part numbers and there were a couple of MJ D44's in the link, but not w. the 4.11 gears like I needed. D35s yes, but not D44s. They even have new MJ AMC 20s in that list. :eek:

http://www.tapcointernational.com/Pages/jeepdiff.htm