Correct brake booster?

Hello all I was at the local JY and I was wondering before I pulled the part

if this will work. I tried to find the yr but it's too badly damaged.

Also this jeep has a automatic and mines a stick, don't know if this really matters?

cell phone pic's

Image Not Found

Engine been removed it's just sitting there all alone.

Image Not Found

Hello all I was at the local JY and I was wondering before I pulled the part if this will work. I tried to find the yr but it's too badly damaged.

Also this jeep has a automatic and mines a stick, don't know if this really matters?

That booster/master looks like one from a 95/96 ZJ, which are identical to the XJ's of the same year. Should work fine on your 87. You'll have to grind down a spot on the booster arm if you retain you stock brake switch, of fit in a 91+ switch. Don't forget the alum spacer plate between the booster and the firewall. Stick/auto tranny - will not matter.

Looks to be in good shape. If you retain your existing MJ combination valve like I did, just pick up a 24" length of 3/16" brake line, and you can bend new lines from the m/c to the combo valve reuseing the existing fittings. Of course, you'll need a tubing bender tool and good flare tool too.

That looks clean I like that. I also notice you have a different washer fluid bottle will that fit with a stock air box? again a lot cleaner look than relocating the stock bottle inch back but I don't see how it could be?

My brakes are horrible glad to find this mod even with my boney tires, they suck! I can only imagine what it like with a lift kit. :eek:

That looks clean I like that. I also notice you have a different washer fluid bottle will that fit with a stock air box? again a lot cleaner look than relocating the stock bottle inch back but I don't see how it could be? :eek:

Yes, it will fit w. the stock air box. It's the 1997+ washer bottle installed in the inner fender. I did a writeup on it here:

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5840&highlight=

Frees up a lot of space.

This one I couldn't use the spacer (52008646 was in a automatic) it was too short, if I remove the spacer it was still a little shorter than the stock maybe by a 1/4 inch or more.

I already cut it for the brake switch need to enlarged hole to use stock hardware. Comparing the lenghts.

Image Not Found

I didn't have to make any lines. The lines on the master cylinder was long enough after I re-bend with my pipe bending tool they bolted up perfectly. jamminz.gif

Image Not Found

Still the brake is slightly lower than the clutch, well hopefully it will still be OK. I still need to get fluid and bleed them see how they work.

Image Not Found

Well brakes are awesome now, compare to how they were. Great mod.

Visited the local JY no luck locating 97+ wiper reservoir I did see one with fender cut-out was there, but still mounted on the drivers side.

Found it on-line from the mopar site bit pricey, anyone got one FS? or know anywhere cheaper? I did email Rockauto see if they can beat the price.

Can I just buy the bottle/filler neck and get the pumps at the JY or just buy new ones?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213674&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2580&groupid=51864&subgroupid=3903&componentid=6963&make=17&model=Cherokee&year=1998&graphicID=WB97250&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Do you have an open or closed cooling system? If it's open, you can relocate the stock resivoir to the passenger side firewall area, right above the HVAC fan motor like I did. I've got some pics, lemme dig them up and I'll post them. It fits like a glove there.

Cost = two pieces of wire to extend the pump motor wiring ;)

Jeff

edit:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found