Turd bomb. (A pavement bound MJ)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
:bowdown: I hadent even considered changing the Manches harness. Now i have to look in to it.

Thanks for the link. :clapping:

I saw you mention the LS1 in the 400sbc thread. I think there's a specific LS1 harness you can get. It would make your life much easier, and replace that big factory ball of spaghetti with a much nicer looking, labeled, color coded, and better quality ball of spaghetti.

• 1 month later...

Well, I haven't had the time or money to work on it lately, but that may be changing soon. I'm going on a camping trip tomorrow, I'll be back Sunday, and I have to finish a little tuckpointing job (replacing mortar) and I'll be sending the engine off to be pulled apart to replace the cam, lifters, pistons, and whatever else sucks.

My stupid move of the year, to date: Completely stripped the MJ while it was on the carport, pulled the engine into the garage and put it up against the work bench. Had a few buddies come over to help me shuffle the MJ over into the garage (very light, 2 guys can pick up each side of it). Then I pulled the front dummy axle out and started cleaning the underside of the truck (you could seriously eat off this thing now.).

Now it's time to take the engine to the shop, but there's a truck shell with no front suspension sitting in the way...I'll have to see if I can move it all the way to one side of the garage to make room for the hoist... :wall:

Anyway, I've picked up some work recently, so I'm slowly starting to get back on track with this project. The next few purchases/installs should be very unique and interesting.