Removing D30 Shafts

Just to be sure if you arent changing the wheelbearings or shafts you don't have undo that nut. You can take the flange bolts out and the shafts and bearing asembly (unsure of true name). If your just doing carrier/gear work it would make it easier for you maybe.

Cole

Just to be sure if you arent changing the wheelbearings or shafts you don't have undo that nut. You can take the flange bolts out and the shafts and bearing asembly (unsure of true name). If your just doing carrier/gear work it would make it easier for you maybe.

Cole

I need to pull the shafts to get at the carrier

Then, like Cole said, you don't really have to remove that nut and seperate the axleshaft from the unit bearing. You can remove the unit bearing from the knuckle with the shafts still attached by pulling the three flange bolts in the rear of it.

Jeff

It is alot easier then dealing with the wheel bearings and such. Glad i made it easier for ya. You can do it that way fro everything but wheel bearing replacement. Its good to know when wheeling if your lucky or know to have the shafts with the unit bearings attached like all mine. ;)

Cole

Makes my life easier also. I just rotated my tires and found a bad driver's side U-joint. Feels like all the needle bearings came out/were ground to dust in one of the caps.

Thing is, I swear I checked them 2 months ago, and they seemed fine then. I greased the ps one, but the ds one has no grease fitting.