Any Jeep Technicians Out There?

djag12

OK. Here is my issue. Have a 08 JK and purchased kit to get Uconnect working. Took to dealer they say it can't be done. On Jeepforum.com many many people have done it. How do you tell the dealer they are wrong and prove it can be done.

fatcat0491, thanks that is the write up I used to install it. I wasn't smart enough to take the starscan screen shots with me. Actually, I don't think it would have mattered. The starscan tech was not flexable. He put my vin in and since it came up as a non uconnect vehicle (which wranglers are in the system) than it can't be done. I guess I will try another dealer and take all the papers with me. If it works I will have to call the other dealer and let them know of course. LOL

fatcat0491, thanks that is the write up I used to install it. I wasn't smart enough to take the starscan screen shots with me. Actually, I don't think it would have mattered. The starscan tech was not flexable. He put my vin in and since it came up as a non uconnect vehicle (which wranglers are in the system) than it can't be done. I guess I will try another dealer and take all the papers with me. If it works I will have to call the other dealer and let them know of course. LOL

the dealership sucks. it can be programmed, it has to be entered into the vehcile configuration either by the parts department or the person in charge of warrenty claims i believe. its very doable and a pretty easy install.

You have not said what type of radio that you have in your Jeep. If you have the MyGig system...you can not add Uconnect to it. Uconnect must come from the factory with the MyGig system...otherwise you are out of luck.

jared is correct that the sales code needs to be added to the vehicles VIN in order for any programming to be able to be done with the Starscan tool.

I work in a Chrysler-Jep dealership in the parts department and this information is direct from Chrysler as I have had several people inquire about it and have researched it thoroughly. If you could look in the manual and find the sales codes that need to be added and then send me a PM with the codes and the last 8 digits of your VIN I could add them for you providing you do not have MyGig. :cheers:

Someone try this link and let me know if it works please. I got it off of the Chrysler site that I have access to as an employee so I am not sure it it will work for everyone. If you can see it...page 5 gives the process for updating the VIN and programming.

http://starparts.chrysler.com/info/default/k6869436.pdf

djag12 - I will be happy to do the update to your VIN for you as soon as you can send it to me. If you can access this file you should print page 5 and take it to a dealer if they can't figure it out. ;)