floorboard question

Ok so i was looking for holes and leaks in the interior of my Comanche. I noticed what i believe is a drain plug in the floorboard was old and worn out. I popped it out to see that there was some kind of seal on it. I'm guessing the seal the factory put on it. How do you replace these? How to get a good seal? Advice? Thanks in advance

This is the hole on the passenger side that where the plug came out of

004tu6.jpg

This is the piece that came out

005yw5.jpg

just a small hole from rust.

006bs0.jpg

Or if you plan on hercing (or similar) you can get the drain plugs they use on boats and use them to let water out if you ever dunk it.

Something similar to this:

brass%20twist%20drain%20plug.jpg

Tighten it and it pulls the rubber up and seals the hole.

Where do you buy those?

Question #2 are those plugs in the floorboards located at the lowest point in the cabin so water can escape through them?

Where do you buy those?

Question #2 are those plugs in the floorboards located at the lowest point in the cabin so water can escape through them?

We get them at our local boat supply store. I'm sure you can find a source for them online.

Yes they are pretty much at the lowest point.

I will also add that we've put them in upside down (front underneath). That way you don't have that little tightening rod sticking up in your floor. They than set much more flush that way.

I've also seen them with a little hinge type handle on them at our local hardware store. I"d assume that they work the same way...