Got a better deal than I'd planned on

Saturday my roomate and I went to pick a cherokee I'd planned on picking up ad parting out to make money to buy the parts I was going to put into my MJ. So I could convert it to 4wd. The original deal was the guy I was getting it from was going to take the 4.0L of it and I could have the rest. Well he decided that he didn't want the 4.0 because it wasn't H.O. and was going to take the seats out for another XJ he had. Which works out good. So now instead of throwing and AX5 and NP231 behind the 2.5L I have in there. I'm going to pull the 2.5 out (already have it sold) and drop the entire power train out of the XJ in there. So I'll have a 4.0L NP242 t-case, and AW4. The column is out of the XJ because they needed that. But we hot wired the XJ so I could hear the 4.0 run. It runs great and the t-case and trans shift into each position nicely. For the $200 I spent I think I got one hell of a deal. So now I'll have a bigger engine, better t-case and an auto tranny. Is there anything I should be concerned about when swapping this over. I think it will be fairly simple. I have the computer and harness for the XJ to swap into my MJ so that should make it pretty easy too. I'm going to pull the axles out and put them in the MJ as well. Should be an interesting next couple weeks. I've given myself about 3 weeks to get this swap done and all the additional pieces out of my yard. Plus I have an old car I'm parting out to be working on at the same time. So that 3 motors/drivetrains to pulll and one to install.

You've got a full plate for the next 3 weeks :shock:

shouldn't be that bad...it will only take me about 2 hours to pull the engine at the maximum....thats if i go slow..the biggest part is going to be putting everything back in...but I rarely sleep...so I should have plenty of time to get it done :D

Having the whole XJ will definitely make life easier, but 3 weeks? Dang that seems ambitious. Or maybe it just seems that way to me because my build up took months. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

I'd like for mine to be able to take a little longer...but I have no choice...I'm borrowing garage space at my folks place because my house doesn't have a garage....and that is the amount of time I was given to get in and out so they could have the garage back...lol