parking brake cable tension

The rear cables are probably stuck. Let me quess they hold forward but slip a little in reverse. Probably dragging a little too. Look for brakes in the sheath. Once moisture gets in, they rust.

The rear cables are probably stuck. Let me quess they hold forward but slip a little in reverse. Probably dragging a little too. Look for brakes in the sheath. Once moisture gets in, they rust.

Hit the nail on the head with the discription... ill go check the sheath..

I know that isnt what this thread is about but i also noticed that the idle seems high (can't tell for sure no tach) after i get off the highway, whats causing this, tps?

checked the sheath on the upper line and it seems fine. yesterday the brakes failed when i was on a slope though, people looked at me as though i was crazy chasing my truck down the hill :eek:

But i caught up to it in time, jumped in and hit the brakes. for times like this i wish I had an auto with PARK. The engine was idling so i couldnt put it in gear. scary few seconds though,

i think that theyr sticking but i don't know how, maby ill just try lubing the cables to see if that fixes the problem

Dude, at $***/per gallon why was the engine running? You need one of those mailman chocks on a stick.

I meant the rear cables. Make sure they freely slide. Inspect the entire system to make sure everything is working freely.

Once the cables get rusty, you can't bring 'em back. They're $17 from Advanced Auto (a.k.a. Shucks or Kragan in some parts of the country). Just replace them. I'm on my way to pick one up at my local Advanced emprium in a few minutes.