stall/hard start after new fuel injectors

i haven't had much time to look into this issue yet, and since it's intermittent i suspect it will be hard to pin point, so if anyone has some suggestions, here's my issue:

1988 cherokee 4.0l, auto. just installed a set of injectors from here: http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=fuel+injectors&start=0 . at first, it had a hard time starting for the first couple drives, i figured it was the computer relearning the proper fuel trims due to the increased fuel flow. then it was fine for about a week, until it stalled out while my wife was driving on the freeway, wouldn't restart. got it pulled to a parking lot with the comanche, came back a couple hours later, inspected and found the MAP vac line disconnected. reconnected, seems to be fine from since friday. today, hard start with similar symptoms, only started after several attempts with holding the gas a bit. has a newer oxygen sensor (november or so, i think?) but only had problems since the injectors were replaced. also, i don't have numbers to back this yet, but it seems to be going through gas a bit fast now.

Did you replace the injectors one at a time, or as a batch? If you did it as a batch, are you certain you put the correct wire on each injector?

I know a guy who replaced his injectors. The truck ran like junk for over a year until he realized the injectors were cross-wired.

FWIW. I had a similiar problem. Turned out to be the vac plug, where MAP vac line enters side of throttle body, was kinda dried out and fitting loosely and would back out a lil over time to cause a leak. MJ would start acting like it was flooding out. I put a lil rtv on it & stuck it back in. No problems since.

Yea...it sounds like a coincidental issue with something else. If the truck runs good when running, then the injectors would appear to be installed properly. I think you are on the right track with the MAP sensor as I had similar issues when my MAP sensor connection at the throttle body was not good. I replaced the line completely from the sensor to the t-body with a home made design as the original is no longer available. ;)