Comanche owners in/near Utah

I am new to the world of Comanche's and comancheclub.com. I have owned various Jeeps uncluding three Cherokees, but I am really loving building this 1988 MJ. I am just about ready to hit the trails, but was wondering if there are any other Comanche owners close to the SLC that are interested in local trail rides. I still am currently affiliated with NAXJA.org as a member and primarily use that site for info. on local runs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just bought a Comanche and live in Salt Lake.

It would be cool to hook up... maybe you know where to source some goodies like a rear rock bumper?

We just went up to AF Canyon yesterday, I should have let you know in advance. I rarely post on this site right now (getting more brave). I am a memeber of NAXJA and usually arrange trail rides in the Intermountain Chapter Forum. My rear bumper is homemade, but I know there are a few out there you can buy for bolt on. As for most products for MJ's, just get an XJ part and chances are it will fit your MJ.

As for most products for MJ's, just get an XJ part and chances are it will fit your MJ.
Not to get this off topic, but the rear bumper is one thing that will not work as bolt on. XJ's & MJ's are virtually identical from the doors forward, but the rear stuff is typically not interchangeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Utah Comanche just sold out :mad: - but for good reasons, and luckily before I had a chance to ruin my wallet on it. :D But he does have a replacement XJ in the works already.

Welcome, the slow norris!

XJ for an MJ is no deal to me...

I had an XJ because I wanted an MJ or CJ and wife said, "It's got to have four doors whatever it is."

We divorced (not entirley over jeeps ;) ) now I have a MJ and a CJ5... and a TJ rubicon I need to sell. Life is lonely, but life is good. Two Jeeps you love and a dog has a strange way of making up the difference.