blower motor

ok I'm just gettin ready to sell my comanche for a sweet dakota and the spedo quit and the blower motor. checked the fuses and the one for the gauges was blown so i changed it. that problem was solved and next my blower motor fuse was fine so i changed it anyway mabye it would work? nop so now I'm gonna ic up a blower motor tommarow and i was woundering were is it located and how hard is it to change? is it an hour job? or longer

o and here's a pic of the dakota I'm buyin

Be sure to check the blower resistor before spending the money on a motor. My motor quit a while back, but it was just the simple $5 resistor that is mounted in the housing inside on the passenger side. ;)

Well...mine was simple...when I removed it, it fell apart in pieces in my hand. If you have a multi-meter, you can test it for continuity. The thing with a resistor is, if it is bad the motor will typically run on one speed only (usually high), not just stop all together so you may be right about the motor if it is not working at all.

You can also do a simple test on the motor to see if it is really bad by running a direct hot wire to it from the battery and see if it runs.