Getting there

mvusse

I picked this up for $400 not quite a month ago, piece of cardboard protecting the radiator, zip ties holding the lights on:

Last week I put on a new front, it's amazing how much better you can see at night when the headlights are aimed correctly and stay in place:

Today I installed the new (to me)fender and bumper from Daveys Jeeps, parts now add up to $160 for a total of $560:

So I now have a Comanche Pioneer that says Cherokee Sport on the one side...

Done with the body work for now. The passenger side fender is messed up as well, but not badly enough to worry about for a while. Next up I need to get the engine running right/do a tune up, as well as fix a leak in or at the gas tank. It misses hard once in a while and only gets about 13 mpg around town, 16 highway.

Also new tires now that the drivers side fender is not cutting anymore.

I'll spend the summer trying to figure out why I have no rear brakes, and hopefully giving it a new coat of paint so it all matches again.

Looks great. I'm in the process of fixing the front end of mine right now, it's not in that bad of shape but still needs some work. A quick, easy cosmetic fix is take some enamel paint, some 600 grit sandpaper and sand down the whole grill assembly as well as the plastic pieces for the headlights and just do a couple of light coats. I'll post some pics of mine, it made a world of difference on the look.