4wd

ok so went to the local pick-a-part and found the only xy with the 2.5 motor. i don't know what year it is but i has 4wd. i asked about the price for the front axel, t-case, 5 speed tranny, and drive shaft. they gave me the price of 600 bucks. the miles on everything are about 130,000 miles. everything should just bolt right up shouldnt it? since its the same motor as the one in my manche?

\just curious?

let me know what you think?

Parts are always worth more than the whole. If parts rigs were all $150 we'd all have cherry rigs, a garage full of spares and nobody would be in the business or hobby of parting out to make a few bucks and snag some much needed parts. And last time I checked, JYs are a "for profit" business, i.e. you'll never get the deal of the century from someone whose sole business is making money off of used parts. There's deals to be had for sure, but can you wait for that 1 out of 10 opportunity from the guy down the street that just wants the thing out of his driveway? That being said, I agree $600 is kinda high. Assuming the parts are all in good shape, at $100-150 each that puts you at $300-450, and I'm not able to say what the drive shaft should cost, but I know it's not $150. Did you try to negotiate at all? JYs are a marketplace IMO, so determine what you're willing to pay, offer $300 and work your way to a price they'll accept. As always, be willing to walk unless, like I said above, you need the stuff right away. If so, walk and then come back the next day :laughin: