88 pioneer

I was looking for a comanche for a long time and finally came across an 88 comanche pioneer 4.0 5speed a couple months ago. The bed was shot and the the cab corners needed a little work but it came with a usable bed and it was all I could find at the time. $800 was pretty high but it was inspected and ran great so I bought it. About 2weeks later it started puking out 3quarts of oil a day so i figured why not tear the entire truck apart and put a 4.7 stroker in it.

When I figure out how to upload pics i'll put some on.

It doesn't look to bad but the bed is real bad.

[/img]

here's a pic of my dads rust free 87 sport truck. Not bad for $350.[/img]

Got the truck in the garage and got the bed off. The frame is pretty good but the bedmounts toward the front of the cab have some rust through but nothing to serious.

here's a pic of the passanger side cab coner. Not to bad. The rockers got some soft spots on the inside.

Drivers side is pretty much the same thing.

Floors were suprisingly good. Only a little softspot around the drainplugs.

Figured I'd throw in a pic of my 90xj for the heck of it.

Now I'm going to sand blast the frame when the weather allows and POR15 the heck out of it after fixing a couple things. After I get the cab and frame finished up I'll start working on the bed. Gotta take it one step at a time.

Yea, Welcome to the 'Club' :waving:

I have a couple of low mileage 4.0's up here if you want to go that route.

And still plan on making some replacement bed sides if the day job ever slows down :roll:

That's the first MJ in that color I've seen, I like it :D