Fan Clutch Removal Wrench

To trial fit electric radiator fans I had to remove the stock shroud and the fan and fan clutch.  I got a loaner fan clutch wrench kit from O’Reilly’s but couldn’t get it on the hub of the fan clutch.  The wrench was too thick and did not have any offset to clear the clutch and slip between the heads of the water pump pulley bolts and the heads of the bolts holding the fan to the clutch.  I also learned that the 36 mm wrench end was not wide enough to fit on the hub.

Before trying Advance or Auto Zone for loaners, I looked on Amazon and found a fan clutch wrench kit with a 36 mm end (fits the hub) and a 32 mm end with offsets on both ends to clear the fan clutch and go onto the hub.  The kit also had a tool to slip over the heads of the water pump pulley bolts to keep it from turning while the clutch was removed.  That tool didn’t work, so save some money and just buy the wrench.

The 36 mm end of the wrench would only go onto the hub about halfway, but a few minutes with a file and it slipped all the way on.  One good hit with a 24 oz. ball peen hammer on the end of the wrench broke the clutch loose and I screwed it off.

I paid around $20 for the kit and the wrench by itself was a few bucks less.  If you have Amazon Prime there’s no shipping charge.  If you don’t find a buddy who does and will order it for you.  
I’ll try to post links or photos of the wrench in a follow- up post.

I believe either the wj or the wrangler had that set up, wondering if someone didn't convert something. Or he's working on something else