Good working cruise control speed sensor

oleskool

4 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I probably have one I could spare. Which connector style? Bullet or the small metri-pack? 
I’ll take your old one as a core if I have one. 

I’ll have to look again. It’s off an 89’ but don’t recall the connector type. 

17 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

It’s not one of the kits I made is it? 

Actually here’s an easy way for me to know. Look at the servo, is the connector to the servo round or rectangle?

No mine is factory installed kit. It started acting up last year where it would just keep climbing in speed. It then worked correctly one last time and died. I checked the speed sensor and didn’t get a signal so I am assuming the surging and random climb in speed was from the sensor slowly dying. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 8:28 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Interesting failure. I’ve had the regulator fail but not the speed sensor. How did you test the sensor out of curiosity?

Hey sorry for the long reply time. Life happens. How do you test the regulator? For the speed sensor I hooked it up to my oscilloscope and checked the signal being generated. Here are pics of the connector under the hood. 

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

That’s the servo itself. The speed sensor is behind the cluster attached to the speedo cable. You can test that with an old speedo cable or the adapter section attached to a drill and the VOM reading I think AC and it will show the pulses. I believe the pulse signal is on the sensor itself. 

15 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

That’s the servo itself. The speed sensor is behind the cluster attached to the speedo cable. You can test that with an old speedo cable or the adapter section attached to a drill and the VOM reading I think AC and it will show the pulses. I believe the pulse signal is on the sensor itself. 

I did test it. It’s shot. I was sending the plug pic you requested. 

9 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ohhhhh right right right. Ok metri pack. I’ve got a few of those to spare. 

Awesome. Just let me know how much. Also you mentioned the regulator? Is that the cruise control box or is there another piece I need to check as well?