Water Pump Recommendations for a 2.5?

I would like to throw my 2 cents out there. 

Currently I am doing a water pump+heater line replacement on my '93 ZJ Laredo, 4.0. 

I have the GMB kit from Rock Auto that I closed the fan clutch too. I ran into a snag when I was putting the water pump together on Sunday and haven't gotten back to it due to work and a recent freeze (thanks, March...). 

Apparently, some of the water pump replacements have tapered (pipe) threads, so unlike the original water pump, the inlet hose nut won't fit flush against the unit. I don't know if the 2.5 i4 uses the same part or not but keep in mind that if the procedure is the same as it is for the 4.0, don't get hung up on the inlet pipe not threading on the last 1/3.........

...... So I'm told. 

If anyone else with experience has any advice to the contrary let's hear it!

35 minutes ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

Apparently, some of the water pump replacements have tapered (pipe) threads, so unlike the original water pump, the inlet hose nut won't fit flush against the unit. I don't know if the 2.5 i4 uses the same part or not but keep in mind that if the procedure is the same as it is for the 4.0, don't get hung up on the inlet pipe not threading on the last 1/3...

My mopar units won’t sit flush either. There’s units out there that have a built in inlet and there’s some that don’t. I’ve always despised using the built in one as my MJ does not have that set up, my XJ might though but to each is there own on which style they want to use.