Reverse lights issues..... new thread

Hello everyone, i am once again coming to the forum in search of guidance because i am at a loss with my Comanche, i will try to be a thorough as possible with the work i have already attempted on this beast it is a 1988 comanche with Automatic transmission and 4X4. Not to long ago my reverse lights stopped working for seemingly no reason, originally it was a blown fuse 7.5 labelled trans under the dash, so i replaced it and the fuse instantly blew again, so i chased some wires, all the connections the rear of the Comanche and everything checked out fine, i read on another post that the NSS on the side of the trans can cause a blown fuse so i replaced it, now the fuse doesn't blow but i still have no reverse lights. i chased the wiring from the back of the jeep to right where the harness goes into the cab from underneath, i tested the harness and the brown feed wire for the reverse lights is staying grounded, if i put power to it the lights instantly come on. i tried to chase the wire into the cab but i can't seem to find it. I'm assuming whatever is the switch component for that brown wire isn't working probably but I'm not quite sure where it goes. If anyone has any idea or suggestions its greatly appreciated. and overall I'm just trying to avoid running a toggle switch for these lights but it definitely might come to that.

Disconnect C113. On the Engine Control Harness side, feed 12vdc on pin C113_E. Reverse lights should turn ON and light up. If so, problem lies between Transmission Harness side C113_E and TCU Control (7.5A) fuse.

14746781_C113EECtoTrans.jpg.b4dee715eec4a56939344c996df3bf79.jpg

TRANSMISSION CONNECTOR REFRESHING

trans plugs

Over near the transmission dipstick tube are 2 rather large connectors. One is black and goes to the NSS and the gray connector goes to the transmission itselfTCU fuseTCU location

. These 2 connectors carry all the info between TPS, TCU, NSS, speed sensor, and transmission solenoids.

Unplug each one, visually inspect for corrosion or bent pins, spray them out with electrical contact cleaner and plug them back in.

Additionally, if your Jeep is an ’87 to ’90 Renix, it’s always a good idea to reach up under the glovebox area and unplug the connector to the TCU and spray it out along with the receptacle of the TCU. While you’re there, find the fuse right in that area for the TCU. Remove it and spray out it’s receptacle and clean any corrosion from the fuse.

So update, I tested the 104_k and on the truck side when I put in reverse I get my 12v power and when I put powere through the opposite way (which should light up the lights) I get no lights, I’m assuming the under the hood wiring from the connecter to the fuse box  which goes from the relay center, across the radiator support and to the back of the fuse box must have a break somewhere in it. Gonna do some hunting and report back. Thanks everyone for the help. 

One more point to check. Disconnect C157. On IP Harness side look for 12vdc on C157_D when KEY ON and REVERSE is selected. On Body Harness side feed 12vdc to C157_D. Reverse lights should turn ON and light up.

1704060808_C157IPtoCAB.jpg.427d5db4498fa6093319caddaaf33dd9.jpg