Different lift kits?

Hey y'all! Been a while since I've been here but I'm currently planning to lift my Comanche next summer and I'm trying to find the best way to do it.

I know I only want a 2.5-3in lift so I found this by Rough Country.

3in-lift https://www.roughcountry.com/product/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-625-20

It's just a simple kit, shocks, absorbers, and a add-a-leaf kit for $380. Should I do that or try to just source my own shocks? I can always pull a leaf from my 4in XJ

I also found a long arm kit by Rough Country for $750

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/jeep-xj-long-arm-upgrade-kit?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAy9msBhD0ARIsANbk0A8Pltp0ZzN197DkK-Q9B3axyXAG846Pjk8Uq9jQ2TKEp1JSgdKeBTcaAsWOEALw_wcB#265=482?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpcb&utm_campaign=17867436380|&utm_content=&utm_term=||m||fit_first_61600U-a

Would this be a bad idea? Or should I try to source everything by itself (I'm also trying to keep it budget friendly)

Any suggestions for other kits or suspension would also be appreciated!

38 minutes ago, Pete M said:

what are your goals for the truck?  tire size?

Pretty much a dual-purpose truck, being a daily driver when I need it to be but also be able to go off-roading when I want. (NOT rock crawling 😂)  and probably aiming for a 32 or 33, I have 32s on the XJ with a 4in lift on it right now and there's plenty of room.

Although, I know I don't NEED a long arm kit right now. I'm going to be switching the front axle for a 4WD axle and a front end kit. So I thought I'd knock out a few birds with the same stone.

gotta define "offroading".  that most definitely means different things to different people. :D  for me, a 2" lift, 31s, and a rear locker would take me most anywhere I want to go.  then I'd spend money on rocker guards and bumpers.  32s are only 1/2" more ground clearance over 31s but bring more headaches. 

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

gotta define "offroading".  that most definitely means different things to different people. :D  for me, a 2" lift, 31s, and a rear locker would take me most anywhere I want to go.  then I'd spend money on rocker guards and bumpers.  32s are only 1/2" more ground clearance over 31s but bring more headaches. 

Yeah that's true, I've also been looking at this 2in lift, still want it to be partially "good" on gas haha. https://bds-suspension.com/products/2-inch-lift-kit-jeep-comanche-mj-86-91?variant=40927425888371

I mainly would just want to use it for trail riding. Although I'm currently in the NE area so there's a lot of snow/mud too.

Do you think the long arm kit would even be worth it? I'm not sure if it would be with only a 2-3in lift.

overkill.  2" pucks and a longer shackles and you're essentially done. :D  plus you're so little into the investment that you can change your mind later.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

overkill.  2" pucks and a longer shackles and you're essentially done. :D  plus you're so little into the investment that you can change your mind later.

Alright thanks man! I'll probably just stick with the lift for now then.

Manual or auto? With a manual 3.55 gears should work well with 31's. Auto, 4.10's. My XJ is 2" lift. I really like it. I will be going to 3-1/2, but only as I have the springs and they'd be an upgrade. I was behind a stock XJ a few years ago wheeling. It did well. 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:09 AM, 75sv1 said:

Manual or auto? With a manual 3.55 gears should work well with 31's. Auto, 4.10's. My XJ is 2" lift. I really like it. I will be going to 3-1/2, but only as I have the springs and they'd be an upgrade. I was behind a stock XJ a few years ago wheeling. It did well. 

It's an Automatic. I think the 31s I have on my XJ should work fine.