BYPASSING THE POWER/COMFORT SWITCH not working

I read cruisers tip 36 BYPASSING THE POWER/COMFORT SWITCH https://cruiser54.com/?p=435. I've tried to bypassed the switch, as you can see in the attached photo, but the REM is still showing that the truck is in comfort mode. the bottom line that says "B1 C0T" the C indicates that its in comfort mode.

I'm not sure if the issue is wiring, REM or the TCU. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct plug and that I am jump the correct wires?

image.jpeg.430453589688757b2d582e5bb63ed732.jpeg

Hey @cruiser54,

I figured out that the other end of the power comfort switch wasn't plugged in.

But This brings me to another problem. The cab side wiring harness in my truck isn't original. The original wiring harness was melted in a few places, so when I was at a junkyard and saw a Comanche with a cab wiring harness I pulled it and swapped it into my truck. I thought I looked up the VIN and the donor was 1987 4L so I thought it would be a straight swap. 

The first two photos are from the donor harness, the second two are from the original harness. Both the plugs had continuity with the power comfort switch in their respective harnesses.

Is there anyway to figure out what model year the donor harness is from? what year did the other end of the power comfort switch plug change? And are their any other plugs that would have changed? There are definitely some wires that aren't plug in, but I figured those were options that the truck didn't have cause it was a base model.

Thanks,

Tdtony

PXL_20231031_200430127.jpg

PXL_20231031_200453701.jpg

PXL_20231031_200948816.jpg

PXL_20231031_200953056.jpg