One Pair of MJ Taillights--SEMI FREE

AZJeff

I am getting rid of an extra pair of MJ taillights I had laying around, as I replaced these with a set of the new Oracle LED lights on my Jeep.

These original lights are in VERY good condition, with no cracks or significant scuffs.

--- I repaired cracks around where the mounting speed nuts are located, since that area was cracked.  

--- I polished the lenses to remove most of the hazy outer surface, so they look better than your average 35 year old light assembly.

--- I will even include wiring harnesses and sockets for the light assemblies.

The cost for these lights is JUST THE SHIPPING FEE.    According to USPS, mailing costs will be about $35.   If you pay those costs, the lights are yours.

I am only asking for one thing in exchange for these lights:   

They must be going on to the new owner's vehicle.  

I don't want to give them to someone else who will flip them for extra cash.  I want them to go to someone who really needs some tail lights that look and work well.

1 hour ago, AZJeff said:

I am getting rid of an extra pair of MJ taillights I had laying around, as I replaced these with a set of the new Oracle LED lights on my Jeep.

These original lights are in VERY good condition, with no cracks or significant scuffs.

--- I repaired cracks around where the mounting speed nuts are located, since that area was cracked.  

--- I polished the lenses to remove most of the hazy outer surface, so they look better than your average 35 year old light assembly.

--- I will even include wiring harnesses and sockets for the light assemblies.

The cost for these lights is JUST THE SHIPPING FEE.    According to USPS, mailing costs will be about $35.   If you pay those costs, the lights are yours.

I am only asking for one thing in exchange for these lights:   

They must be going on to the new owner's vehicle.  

I don't want to give them to someone else who will flip them for extra cash.  I want them to go to someone who really needs some tail lights that look and work well.

This is very admirable.

Curious, did the oracle lights meet your expectations? They must be pretty decent if you are willing to give away your oem taillights.

2 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

This is very admirable.

Curious, did the oracle lights meet your expectations? They must be pretty decent if you are willing to give away your oem taillights.

I was very pleased with the results.   Actually, I had TWO sets of OEM tail lights.   One set I am "donating" in my advert.   The second set I am keeping, as I explain below.

The second set I rebuilt using new lenses from "Key Parts".   The Key Parts rebuilds I did actually look EXCELLENT, about as close as you can get to new OEM.   The problem is, ORN Comanche tail lights are not the brightest things out there, even with the new lenses and restored reflectors inside.  Even when restored, here in the bright sunlight of Phoenix, they look pretty washed out, even after I switched all the bulbs to LED type.   So in spite of their shortcomings, I am keeping them as a "backup" in case something goes wrong with the Oracle ones.

The Oracle lights are SUBSTANTIALLY brighter, and that was what I was looking for.   They don't look EXACTLY like the OEM ones, in that the black dividers between the lenses, and the black border around the lenses, is wider than the OEM type.  So if one is doing a true restoration of an MJ, they would not be appropriate.    Conversely, they look "close enough" for my resto-mod, and they are tons brighter, so it's a win in my book.

19 minutes ago, AZJeff said:

I was very pleased with the results.   Actually, I had TWO sets of OEM tail lights.   One set I am "donating" in my advert.   The second set I am keeping, as I explain below.

The second set I rebuilt using new lenses from "Key Parts".   The Key Parts rebuilds I did actually look EXCELLENT, about as close as you can get to new OEM.   The problem is, ORN Comanche tail lights are not the brightest things out there, even with the new lenses and restored reflectors inside.  Even when restored, here in the bright sunlight of Phoenix, they look pretty washed out, even after I switched all the bulbs to LED type.   So in spite of their shortcomings, I am keeping them as a "backup" in case something goes wrong with the Oracle ones.

The Oracle lights are SUBSTANTIALLY brighter, and that was what I was looking for.   They don't look EXACTLY like the OEM ones, in that the black dividers between the lenses, and the black border around the lenses, is wider than the OEM type.  So if one is doing a true restoration of an MJ, they would not be appropriate.    Conversely, they look "close enough" for my resto-mod, and they are tons brighter, so it's a win in my book.

Thanks for the information! Great to know.

Archived