The 2023 Gambler 500 in our Comanche video is here.

Htchevyii

We had a black PT  that we gave to my parents. I was hoping when they got bored with it they would give it back and we'd head to the Gambler. They had a friend who's kid wrecked his car, so they gave it to him, so that's OK.  The Gambler  does look like it's more fun when you don't care about what you're driving, (I lost count of the engines that I heard on the rev-limiter). I might talk to the used car lot across the street and tell them I want a cheap beater and see if they come up with anything for next year,

Thanks for watching! The worst part when people dump mattresses, TVs ETC that can be recycled for free. Heck, for the last year or so where I live you can take in 9 tires per day for free even with wheels on them. I guess its still easier to just dump it in the woods. 

Great video, and a super concept.

When I was active in NAXJA I participated in a couple of trail clean-ups in the Pine Barrens in New Jersey, and one clean-up of a power line trail in Rhode Island. None of those were nearly the scale of the Gambler 500, but they were multi-club events.

And yes, it's astonishing how much trash trashy people throw out. For the Rhode Island clean-up, one of the guys worked for a trash hauling company. His boss donated the use of a 40 cubic yard dumpster, including the tipping fees. We filled it -- and beside it we had a mountain of trash large enough to fill two more 40-yarders.

Tires are a problem. I'm envious of 9 FREE tires per day. At my town's transfer station, they charge $10 per tire -- and the tires can't be on rims. Small wonder people just drop them on the side of the road.

I usually grab anything I can stuff into my recycling bin and anything else that they take for free when we're out, plus I can usually get an extra bag  per week in the garbage can. It takes all the self control that I have not to go throw bags of trash on someone's porch when I find stuff with names and addresses. Especially in CA they seem to be looking for every reason they can find to close off areas. The Gambler is a good combo because you get to do a good deed and have some fun!

3 hours ago, Htchevyii said:

Yikes, I read your story. Glad you made it through it. I guess that it makes sense that if you have zero respect for human life you certainly don't have any respect for the earth and public lands.  

Was definitely a life changing moment. Lol. 
Now, as much as it infuriates me, I just let it go. Never know what nut job your approaching.