Roll bars

Hi, first of all thank you for taking your time in reading me… i have a jeep comanche 1988 short bed… i have time looking for a original factory roll bar but there are many difficulties for finding it… shipping, cost, most of the offers are for long bed comanches…. Etc… well a week ago i finnally got a long bed comanche roll bar… and as i tell you my comanche is short bed. 

I want to modify my long bed roll bar to adapt it to my short bed comanche but i want to modify it exactly to as original factoy… for this i need your help if you can share the correct lenght of the leg that has an angle so i can cut it exactly and also the correct angle between both legs…. Because in think there is were the difference  is between long and short bed roll bars!  I attach two pictures with the reference… Thank you for your time and your knowledge ! 

309A1CF6-A922-4C1D-9587-1F745C8538CA.jpeg

A69EAF67-8FAE-4072-80D2-EAEE3137416E.jpeg

12 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

I get approximately a 40° angle and just shy of 31”. But again these are approximate.

Thank you very

much for this data!

if you have a little time and you can and want jajaja if you can measure it for having exact information please

… i will aprecciate a lot! If you can't i understand you are busy … still thank you for taking your time in this! 

3C81E9DE-A643-47DA-942A-CE15095145FB.jpeg

2FE3BF8D-D507-40A1-9089-F07FF0C8B96A.jpeg

12 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

You’ll probably get a lot of flak for modifying an original roll bar that no one makes. Have you tried seeing if there’s anyone out there who has a short bed that needs a long bed one?

Yes i understand you, but its the same

design because the form

is exactly the same as the width… theres a very important fact i am at mexico…. Here there is very difficult to find a original factory roll bar… i find this one and very ship i pay 80 dls with shipping cost… i have see some

offers in usa but they are above 300 dls plus shipping cost… imagine the shipping cost if i want it in mexico…

I think the important thing of the original facrory roll bar is the form because they adapt exactly to the width of the bed and the height… They look perfect in the comanche and the tube thickness is the same

in both long and short bed roll bar

In the picture i attached i paint in green i highlight what its exactly the same design, form, thickness in short and long bed roll bars… and in red i highlight the leg that changes from long to short bed roll bar… lenght and different angle ( in yellow)… thats why i think its very little diference… tube thickness and form are the same …

thank you for your time 

0B1ADCF8-887B-4B8F-B52C-D44901256A19.jpeg

4 hours ago, Car Enthusiast said:

If you are going to go through all the work to get a cut up roll bar why not just fab one up since it won't really be a factory roll bar anyways 

And sell that to someone who wants a stock one

Hi thank you for your time and recommendations… i am at mexico… impossible to make this because is very difficult to find a original factory roll bar… i find this one very ship 80 dls with shipping cost…

I think it will be still a original facroty roll bar because the width of the roll

bar is the same because they adapt perfectly to the bed of comanche and also the height they adapt perfect… i think this don't change in both short and long bed… so i have not option… buying one in usa will be 300 dls plus another 300 dls for shipping cost to mexico… 

😅😅😅

5F877DA6-E460-4327-ADE9-CA90F8063A89.jpeg

B17B6DB1-3D3C-4D72-8B8F-0D0231413D95.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Car Enthusiast said:

I will buy it off of you if you want to look for a short bed sport bar.

Thank you for your offer… i am at mexico shipping cost is very high because of the weight and the size… 

for me to send it to usa it will cost easily 500 dls  just to put it there…

beside the short and long bed roll

bars are the same Almost all sizes… tube thickness, form, design, widht… only changes in the angle in between legs and the leg lenght

In the picture i attached i paint in green i highlight what its exactly the same design, form, thickness in short and long bed roll bars… and in red i highlight the leg that changes from long to short bed roll bar… lenght and different angle ( in yellow)… thats why i think its very little diference… tube thickness and form are the same …

thank you for answering 

814FFF3F-3C13-49D9-BB6A-608F0BDE49F2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Car Enthusiast said:

How much would you want for the sport bar and the 500 shipping?

Well my initial intention is not to sell my roll bar because its very difficult to find an original factory bar,  let me search if i find a short bed roll bar so i can sell it to you in the price they sell me the short bed roll bar … or if you can get one i can exchange you… thank you

The measurements I gave are the best I can do. When I say approximate I mean within 1/2” and +/- 2°. If you’re really going to cut it up you’ll have to do your own measurements with the hoop and wheel well feet in place 

3 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

The measurements I gave are the best I can do. When I say approximate I mean within 1/2” and +/- 2°. If you’re really going to cut it up you’ll have to do your own measurements with the hoop and wheel well feet in place 

Ok sorry thank you very much for the information!