Bring a Trailer or?

Drahcir495

I thought I would just park the Cherokee on the parents property (just what they love to hear :laugh:) so I can hang on to it :dunno:.  After seeing what happened to the Comanche after sitting, I won't be keeping it just to watch it waste away. My question is where would be a good place, in addition to the for sale section of a Cherokee forum, to list the Jeep? I have seen the Bring a Trailer auction site as an option. Anyone have any feedback on going this route? The reason I want to sell it this way because I don't know where to start with pricing it? I don't want to start another "what is it worth" tread and just let the bidders set the selling price. Ideally, I would sell it for what I have in it, but I can't imagine totaling it up :crazy:

Question - a good place to sell the Cherokee??

I've listed 3 vehicles on Bring a Trailer, an 88 Comanche (the first one they ever listed), a 13 Mini S, and an 85 Ferrari 308gtsi.  I managed to sell both the Comanche and Ferrari on BaT.  

I personally love the platform as a seller.  Seller pays a $99 listing fee and the buyer pays a 5% fee in addition to the sale price to BaT.  They build the ad based on your provided info.  They are picky on the vehicles they list and will not list unless your requested reserve is reasonable and or you list without a reserve.  The only minorly annoying thing about BaT is it takes a long time to get a listing up, I've had it take anywhere from 1.5-3 months to have the ad written and the posting in queue to list.  

More or less they are looking for enthusiast vehicles to sell, they don't sell mundane every day stuff.  Jeeps of the 00s and earlier vintage definitely fall into the enthusiast category.

A lot of Cherokees cross Bring a Trailer and there are many knowledgeable users.  They will find and point out all the positive and negative aspects of your vehicle.

Thank you for the information. I was wondering if they wrote out the ad. I don't like that it takes that long to get listed. I have just spent a few hours yesterday highlighting everything that has been done to it, what it needs, and any extras that go with it. I will really have to figure out what I should price it at. I will not be totaling up what I have in it - it is an obscene amount that I will never get back. I built it intending for it to be my last Jeep. I want to put a reserve price for sure, but I have to realistic which is going to hurt :crazy: