‘91 under hood PDC

acfortier

On 2/22/2023 at 8:38 PM, acfortier said:

Looking for a PDC from the ‘91 era so I can wire in some new circuits to my MJ and make it as stock as possible. Thanks!

Are you looking for one with the wires cut a few inches after they come out of the PDC?  I could probably get one in a couple weeks from a local junkyard.

3 minutes ago, schardein said:

Are you looking for one with the wires cut a few inches after they come out of the PDC?  I could probably get one in a couple weeks from a local junkyard.

Yep, exactly--would be looking to de-pin some of the terminals w/ pigtails from the PDC so I can butt connect a new wire to it.

13 minutes ago, acfortier said:

Yep, exactly--would be looking to de-pin some of the terminals w/ pigtails from the PDC so I can butt connect a new wire to it.

That's what I did for my LS swap CJ.  Used the PDC from a 91-95 XJ/YJ and completely rewired it.

There is a 92 XJ at the local PnP.  I will be going there in the next two weeks.  If it's still there, they list "fuse box-bare" for $21.99.  So that, plus shipping.  Do you need the metal mounting bracket it clips into?

5.3 Vortec 20210711.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I used a 97+ PDC and fully rewired my Renix to be super clean and minimalistic.  If I could do it again, I would just get an aftermarket fuse/relay center like this one.  As much as the factory look is nice, many parts of the plastic housing are brittle and might break if you try to pull any of the connectors out.  It's also impossible to find new terminals.