any weather geeks out there (besides me?)

mjeff87

If I had it to do all over again, Id'a been a meteorologist :D

We had a really strong cold front pass thru yesterday afternoon. I was able to snap off a couple real quick pics before I had to dive (almost literally!) back in the house. You guys out in the midwest are used to seeing this, but it's kinda unique to see such a strong gust-front over here on the east coast. For a reference point, I'm in the front yard, at about 6:30 last night (broad daylight). All the clear skies are east, dark is due west. The front was moving at an estimated 60 mph as it passed thru:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

There's more on my photobucket account if anyone wants to see them. I didn't want to waste too much space here on the board.

Jeff

Count me in. Those are beautiful, excellent pics, nice job. Having grown up in N. Dakota, we would get a few storms like that, along with an occassional twister. Loved to watch, even when everyone else was headed for cover!

Thanks guys. I take no credit for the pic quality....I just pointed the thing and hit the button (didn't really have time to monkey around with any settings :lol: all things considered). There's more at:

Jeff

ps....no comments about my cats, if you see those pics there. They have a ummmm.....thyroid condition. Yeah, that's it....a thyroid condition.....

For as ominous as it looked, it wasn't that bad. Certainly not as wicked as it was when it rolled thru TN and parts westward. Got a little bit of hail where I was (dime sized) and a few trees/limbs got ripped off is all.

The batt is still sitting....I'm installing it this weekend. I'm redoing the stock cables as well. There pretty much wasted :oops:

Jeff