Will the gears of a rubicon work?

I believe it can be done BUT do your homework. You would need the carrier, and pretty much everything else from the rubi internals as well. They are just different enough for them to not be 'installed' as if you were putting in a regular D_44 gearset.

This is why all (I think all) aftermarket gearsets for the rubicon are rubicon specific.

It use's a thick gear so you need a carrier for 3.07-3.55 gears IIRC.

damn i feel like a rock...what does IIRC mean ? i want to get maybe 3:73 or 4:10 since mine probably has the 3:07 so i know i need the carrier as well...sorry bud I'm a newb!! lol...

If I recall correctly = IIRC

The Rubicon 4.10 gears uses the same carrier as a 3.07 does. The gears are what is called thick D44 gears.

I thin it's 3.54 and lower gears on the same carrier. The whole diff's goodies would be trick because it's an ARB locker!

yes you are right 3:55 and lower for carriers but the rubicon doesnt come with an arb its an air locker but it isnt arb...but I'm not really interested in the air locker all though that would be sweet I'm just looking for a cheap way to regear my rear end since finding a dana 44 off an xj or mj is very rare and tjs with 44s are a dime a doen to where i can pick one up at a junk yard....

I thin it's 3.54 and lower gears on the same carrier. The whole diff's goodies would be trick because it's an ARB locker!

yes you are right 3:55 and lower for carriers but the rubicon doesnt come with an arb its an air locker but it isnt arb...but I'm not really interested in the air locker all though that would be sweet I'm just looking for a cheap way to regear my rear end since finding a dana 44 off an xj or mj is very rare and tjs with 44s are a dime a doen to where i can pick one up at a junk yard....

Finding a MJ D44 with stock 4.09 gears isn't that hard..... I have one laying on my garage floor. I'm going with a 9" axle instead.

i know it isnt that hard but i havent been able to find one locally but have seen some rear dana 44s off of jeep tjs.....i know you have one man i wish you were near so i could pick it up.... :brows: .... I'm jealous...are you willing to just sell me the internals?... :D

I have those exact gear in my rear D44. You only have to have the proper case , like the other were saying, everything else is standard D44. Be prepared to drill out the ring gear bolt hole in the case. But they work great.

So your using the gears off a Tj? thnx man