242 Throttle Body

1989 MJ, 4.0, auto

The temp got up in the high 30's today, so I thought I would tinker with my Jeep a little. Checked the voltage's on my throttle position sensor and found that it needed some adjusting. Tried to loosen the top torx bolt holding the sensor on and it promptly broke off at the head. The bottom one came out fine, so I pulled the sensor off, got some vise grips on the broken bolt, and of course broke it off right at the throttle body. Hauled out the easy outs and drills and started drilling. Yup you guessed it, broke the freakin drill off about a quarter inch in. Put everything back together with one bolt holding the sensor on, adjusted the sob to spec., and I am getting ready to head for the bar (in the wife's Altima) . Does anyone have any suggestions for my best course of action now.............other than a designated driver?

1989 MJ, 4.0, auto

The temp got up in the high 30's today, so I thought I would tinker with my Jeep a little. Checked the voltage's on my throttle position sensor and found that it needed some adjusting. Tried to loosen the top torx bolt holding the sensor on and it promptly broke off at the head. The bottom one came out fine, so I pulled the sensor off, got some vise grips on the broken bolt, and of course broke it off right at the throttle body. Hauled out the easy outs and drills and started drilling. Yup you guessed it, broke the freakin drill off about a quarter inch in. Put everything back together with one bolt holding the sensor on, adjusted the sob to spec., and I am getting ready to head for the bar (in the wife's Altima) . Does anyone have any suggestions for my best course of action now.............other than a designated driver?

it'll still run without the sensor connected, so don't think your truck will fall apart without it perfect, but it's good to have it adjusted right, i would just drive it normal and check it everyonce in a while and try to get your hands on a throttle body

it'll still run without the sensor connected, so don't think your truck will fall apart without it perfect, but it's good to have it adjusted right, i would just drive it normal and check it everyonce in a while and try to get your hands on a throttle body

You don't want to drive around with the TPS disconnected on an AW4 equipped truck. It really screws up the shifting

You don't want to drive around with the TPS disconnected on an AW4 equipped truck. It really screws up the shifting

good point, mine's a stick. :oops: but you don't WANNA drive around like that anyways, odd backfiring issues. ;)

Both bgred2 and Twisty are in Massachusetts, so I'll suggest you both head over to Henry's in Blackstone, MA. It's a combination u-pull and "they pull" yard. I haven't been there for awhile, but they generally have a huge area of XJs and MJs back in the u-pull section of the yard.