I'm looking for the proper working ohm range for a 91 through 95 Cherokee fuel potentiometer and 87-90. Only for 2.5 and 4.0 model range.  I'd love to do a clear current write up on fuel sending units covering 2.5 and 4.0 Renix and H.O. MJ as well as possible XJ. I believe I have the proper ranges for the MJ Renix and H.O. that I managed to coble from old posts on the club. The threads however never gave any clear write ups in the end. Especially covering multiple issues like 2.5 vs 4.0. I have almost all the above sitting here in fuel sending units dug out with most bench tested now. It's my intentions to point out the physical differences, electrical, and then go through fixes and swap candidates. Yes I know there is aftermarket choices. The goal is to try to keep oem parts with oem ranges since many people have reached out to me for OEM. These things seem far simpler than this huge obstacle many have struggled over for years. I'd absolutely hate to see anymore hit salvage yards still due to bad sending units. I'd also like to show people how to tune the ranges on Renix oem and why the aftermarket vary slightly in readings. 

One thing I noticed in the parts catalog for the Renix era is that the sending unit didn’t matter for the engine. But what did matter was the fuel pump. For some reason the fuel pumps were different between the engines and I am not sure why either. Maybe the 4.0L spat out more pressure than the pump for the 2.5L? Can’t say for certain, but we all do know this that physically and by looks, they are the exact same.