I'm David apprenticed under my father in a small machining family business. We're open to receiving requests for parts. Though we'd need files/prints/or any examples of the part (even a ms paint drawing with dimensions). 

No promises that we could make your specific part and prices will be determined on a part by part basis. 

Thank you for reading through my post and feel free to message me!

2 hours ago, yungupgrade said:

I think if you could make replica tailgate handles you'd have some business

It'd depend if the specific tailgate handle is feasible on a mill or not. Depending on the design of the tailgate handle it may be better to use a mold, or heck, 3D print it. 

5 minutes ago, Whitestone said:

It'd depend if the specific tailgate handle is feasible on a mill or not. Depending on the design of the tailgate handle it may be better to use a mold, or heck, 3D print it. 

Someone on here designed a replacement handle. I attached the CAD files here. It's a flat part, all you would need to do is cut them out en masse. Then the customer could bend them into shape. No one in the vender section is doing this as far as I can tell.

latch handle jeep.PDF mjhandle02.dxf

21 minutes ago, yungupgrade said:

Someone on here designed a replacement handle. I attached the CAD files here. It's a flat part, all you would need to do is cut them out en masse. Then the customer could bend them into shape. No one in the vender section is doing this as far as I can tell.

latch handle jeep.PDF 149.19 kB · 0 downloads mjhandle02.dxf 25.29 kB · 0 downloads

I can't open the second file as it's a DXF file, and trying to convert it into other file types hasn't worked. If you could take a screenshot of it and send it as a PDF, JPEG, or PNG that'd be much appreciated.

But the first one looks doable, especially if we don't have to bend it into shape ourselves. I think we can make them if anyone shows interest. Thank you.

Just adding my $.02.

If you do make these and don't bend it, something that might be helpful to purchasers is creating a super thin groove to locate the 2 side bends since those are the only 2 tight radi bends. Then its guaranteed to at a minimum actuate properly and the only real concern for the customer is the beauty bends for the handle itself. 

Found the original threads where Husky410ohio was making/selling these in 2015. Here are a few quotes from 2020. Maybe the demand has increased over the last 7 years.?

Quote from Husky410ohio

It is not as wide as original.  I made the width straight on the sides.  The original handle had a dogleg bend on the sides that would have been hard to make.  The width fits the part that has the pivot mechanism.

Quote from Husky410ohio

I have no plan to make more. Budde Sheet Metal, Dayton Ohio made them for me and cost was $30 each plus tax in 2015.  They have a minimum order so I ordered a dozen but it took a year for me to sell them all.

11 hours ago, Goose_XJ88 said:

Found the original threads where Husky410ohio was making/selling these in 2015. Here are a few quotes from 2020. Maybe the demand has increased over the last 7 years.?

Quote from Husky410ohio

It is not as wide as original.  I made the width straight on the sides.  The original handle had a dogleg bend on the sides that would have been hard to make.  The width fits the part that has the pivot mechanism.

Quote from Husky410ohio

I have no plan to make more. Budde Sheet Metal, Dayton Ohio made them for me and cost was $30 each plus tax in 2015.  They have a minimum order so I ordered a dozen but it took a year for me to sell them all.

My 2 cents, if they're good quality and made as close to OEM as possible then listed here and the Facebook groups, his head would be spinning. There isn't a guy here that couldn't sell a tailgate handle in under 24 hours unless he was trying not to. If parts didn't sell, Key Parts would not be getting slammed with MJ guys and keep reproducing more new items. It's tough getting parts for anything anymore.