Street wheeln' stuck. D'Oh!!

File under: "Seemed like a good idea at the time." The industrial park I work in has a rock garden at one end, that's part of the drainage system. Problem is, it doesn't drain so well. When ever it rains, the rock garden fills up. I've worked at this spot for 4yrs now, and every time it rains, I'm tempted to drive through it. Well, this past weekend we had 2 solid days of rain here in Phoenix,(Yes, really)the rock garden was overflowing, and I couldn't resist any longer. It was about 2 to 2 1/2 ft deep at it's lowest point, but its all river rock, so I figured I had a solid bottom to drive over. As I pulled over the curb onto the dirt, I immediately realized that it was completely saturated and no longer dirt. How did I come to this realization you ask? Well.....

The 1st photo shows the rock garden the following day, after it'd drained a bit. Red arrow pionts to high water mark. The other day time-shots were the following morning when I went in to survey and repair the damage.(last 2 shots are of the repair) Luckily, some co-workers hung around to see me drive through the water, so there were plenty of recovery vehicles. (plus a warehouse full of Hummers) One of my bubbys helped pull me out w/ his ZJ. The whole thing only lasted about 15 mins, but we all had a good laugh out of it. Who'd a thunk street wheeln' could be so dangerous :rotfl2:

I guess I need to mention that my boss was there also, who happens to be one of the PROPERTY OWNERS and gave me permission to drive in there. I probably should've mentioned that in the original post. I got blasted on another site and had my post removed. God forbid a tree hugger see off-roaders, off-roading, on an off-roading website.

• 1 month later...
I guess I need to mention that my boss was there also, who happens to be one of the PROPERTY OWNERS and gave me permission to drive in there. I probably should've mentioned that in the original post. I got blasted on another site and had my post removed. God forbid a tree hugger see off-roaders, off-roading, on an off-roading website.

When ur on the trail, u ALWAYS need to tread lightly. Seeing how this is a man made "obstacle" who gives a $4!7 if u drive in it.