The chero question

This just became know to me,

My wife call this lady and told her I got the car running for her.

Remembering she needed a car to hopefully find work. Well she has been given a 1991/2 Mercury v8. I drove by and its a great looking very little rust if any.

She needs a battery for it. So later on today I will take the battery

out of the Chero and see if it would fit in this new/old mercury.

Her daughters teacher in HS had a car that wasn't being used.

The story now is that she asked my wife if we wanted the jeep for parts

or to use.

The question is what would fit from a 91 chero to 89 comanche?

It has a 4.0 6

4x4 auto on the floor. Power windows power seats. There is also what may be is a abs system.

any ideas should I bother buying it from her.

The axles can be used -- the front directly, and the rear by relocating the spring perches (although the rear is provbably a Dana 35, there's a possibility it could be a Chrysler 8.25).

The engine, tranny and transfer case can all go into an MJ. If you transplant the newer engine as-is, you would have to rewire at least your engine compartment for the newer HO computer, but you can also just adapt the intake manifold to accept the Renix throttle body, use the Renix distributor, and run the HO engine as a Renix.

The axles can be used -- the front directly, and the rear by relocating the spring perches (although the rear is provbably a Dana 35, there's a possibility it could be a Chrysler 8.25).

The engine, tranny and transfer case can all go into an MJ. If you transplant the newer engine as-is, you would have to rewire at least your engine compartment for the newer HO computer, but you can also just adapt the intake manifold to accept the Renix throttle body, use the Renix distributor, and run the HO engine as a Renix.

its not even that complicated! my engine is from a 97 and it's got the renix intake manifold on it... so i'm sure renix would fit on an HO too. then all you gotta do is find a spot for the gauge temp sender... everything else hooks right up

Thanks to all that replied.

I'm thinking it would be a good back up while I try my hand at fixing up the Comanche. Rust and even spots where the rust has moved away and leaving behind nothing...

The big question is the 4x4 on the chero. Living in the green mtns there are times one would need the 4's.

Thank also for being here

lennyk