Lady 1986 XLS

Hello everyone taking time to start this blog or topic or whatever it’s classified as lol. It’s going to be slow going at first but I hope to eventually have a lot to post here. I’ve had lady about 2 days now as a daily driver. You can see her vin registration post here 

While she’s in great shape for an 86 at least in my opinion 🤷‍♂️😂. I’ve found the following issues.

horn doesn’t work at all.

radio doesn’t work at all.
vents always blows out defrost vents regardless of the sittings.
oil gauge always buried past 80 doesn’t move.
temp and battery gauge also seems to be questionable they work just question accuracy.
high beam indicator doesn’t work.
Passenger side headrest has a nasty rattle. 

As for future plans for her. That’s the big question. lol I’m torn between restoring her into show room or as close to it as I can get and possibly reselling her. Or turning her into my dream truck. That involves pulling the gm 2.8 v6 and replacing it with the 2.8 Cummins diesel they have and switching her over to 4x4.

4 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Welcome to the addiction :waving:

Thanks!!! I blame it on my daughter’s XJ I hadn’t built or modified a vehicle in almost 15 years! not even a stereo system upgrade lol we got her XJ and she wanted some things done to it. so we did it 🤷‍♂️. and next thing I know I’m looking at old Jeep’s for myself. 🤔😂now I’m excited to be the owner of a Comanche. I’ve always loved them. didn’t think I would find one especially that would pass pa inspection.

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you've got a vacuum leak.  the default setting is out the vents. :L:  

Any idea where lol because I actually have several considering I know of 5 or 6 vacuum lines that are not connected or just go off and end one even “sealed” with a twig lol that’s just what I’ve seen with a 5 minute inspection underneath the hood 😂 I haven’t dug deeper yet because she runs sooo🤷‍♂️ No hurry currently but any help would be appreciated especially with no book or any reference material yet lol 

yes definitely hope to add a few more Comanches to the family lol

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

could be literally anywhere in the vacuum system.  :(  there are some links to PDFs of some of the factory shop manuals in the link in my signature. :L:  

Awesome thanks I’ll put those to good use and just start reworking the system.😃 don’t want to put too much money into this motor but need to keep it running until I’m ready for the swap lol