tranny bolts

I pulled the tranny in my jeep to replace the flexplate and discovered that the PO had taken it out and only put two bolts back in. Yeah I was shocked at how i was able to drive this thing around. I went off and forgot my bolts at home and not sure the size of the top two bolts but does anyone know what size they are so i can get new ones on my way home. I know there are four total but not sure on size and don't want to make two trips to town. I will have to take some pictures of what my flexplate looks like. Apparently it was the only thing holding my trany and engine together. It has 4 cracks going out from the bolt holes toward the ring gear and my entire center appears to be its cracked out. I am not sure how was able to drive down the road. Thanks for the help in advance.

yeah i got a new flex plate cause i could see the vertical cracks coming from the bolt holes. i didnt discover the huge circular track till i pulled it off last night to replace it. the jeep made an awful ticking sound and it at first sounded like lifters but when you put it in gear it would go away. so i pulled the inspection cover off and saw the vertical cracks.

I went home on my lunch break and found the top two bolts are 3/8x16x~2" and the bottom two or side two depends on how you look at it are 7/16x14x~3"

Jeez, you mean the bellhousing bolts? I'm 0 for 2. Hard to believe that someone was dumb enough to leave 2 of those out.

I went home on my lunch break and found the top two bolts are 3/8x16x~2" and the bottom two or side two depends on how you look at it are 7/16x14x~3"

Jeez, you mean the bellhousing bolts? I'm 0 for 2. Hard to believe that someone was dumb enough to leave 2 of those out.

not really...my 87 comanche had a "Knock" that was because 3 of the 4 blelhousing bolts were missing, the torqe converter bolts were loose, and the bellhousing cover was missing. the "engine knock" is why I got it for $200. one new flexplate and some new bolts later, I got $1350 for it :D

i picked mine up for 300 with the a slight knock. but supposedly had a cracked engine block and leaked water as fast as you put in it. filled it with coolant at PO house drove it home and saw a couple small drips starting. followed the trail back to the water pump. all but one or two bolts where backed out and the ones that hold the pulley on two of them were eating a groove in the pump housing. replaced said water pump with the new in box one the PO gave me and walla no more water leak. ebay a lift kit and soon i have 1200 in a comanche on 33's and 6.5" lift.