(bed only) dark blue shortbed

Pete M

officially goes up for sale at 11am Weds

dark blue shortbed.  this is from a Florida truck which was sitting for a few years under a tree.  has surface rust that will need to be dealt with, but no rot.  oh and and a big dent from said tree. 

all you're buying in this listing is the bed and the fuel door.  everything that unbolts has been removed by either me or the junkyard it came from.   this is a used bed and will have other dents/scratches/etc.  If you would like some high res images, I can send them via email.  :L:  (the CC automatically shrinks all uploaded pics)

price covers delivery to your driveway IF  your driveway is somewhere near my route this trip.  I cannot guarantee that the first member to post "I want it" will be the one that actually gets this exact bed, but they will be given preference for the next batch of beds.  the crazy miles I gotta drive to get north and the fact that I can only carry a few beds at a time means I simply cannot go by the rule "first come, first served".  I will try my hardest to give preference to the first replies. 

the window of opportunity for this drive is around the weekend of Nov 7th.  I do not necessarily need you to be home to make delivery (I can unload and I can move it on flat ground with my hand cart), but I can't push it very far so you must make arrangements to either meet me when I can be there or apologize profusely to your HOA that you have a new lawn ornament for a few hours. :laugh:  delivery time/day will be given as soon as I have enough beds sold with a reasonable route planned.  this will involve 40-50 hours of driving, so please understand I cannot make promises of times or even specific days if anything goes wrong along the way.  I will of course be in contact via phone, so it's not like I'll surprise you with a bed one afternoon.  ETAs will be updated as often as I can.

once I have a route and buyers, I will let everyone know and a minimum $200 deposit is required via paypal.  $100 of this is NOT refundable should you back out for any reason.  None will be returned should you back out after I leave the house.  all will be refunded if I have to back out for any reason.  unless I die... then I guess you're kinda screwed. :dunno: (sorry 'bout that in advance.)

if you have any questions or need pics of anything more, let me know in this thread. :L:  once I have a route planned out, I will list the bed as sold and then communicate via private messages with the buyer.  

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

IMG_4617.JPG

rumor has it this was done by a tree

IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

I'm not entirely sure what the white stuff is.  corrosion?  it's not red, but it's near where the rust is on the underside. 

IMG_4621.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

underside of the wheelwells

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

inside of the bed above the wheelwells

IMG_20211025_142746_869.jpg

IMG_20211025_142753_770.jpg

IMG_20211025_142802_791.jpg

IMG_20211025_142813_234.jpg

• Pete M changed the title to (bed only) dark blue shortbed. $750 shipped
  • Pete M locked this topic
  • Pete M unlocked this topic

Bump for Pete! After fixing my rusty bed, my only advice would be to buy a solid one like Pete has here. Any body shop could fix the tree dent, if that is what you are worried about. Heck, I’m sure even you, reader, could fix it with a slide hammer, some body hammers, and some patience. It’s better than fixing rust, or worse yet, rust and dents. Remember, time is money. 

• Pete M changed the title to (bed only) dark blue shortbed
  • Pete M locked this topic