97 brake booster work on my 89???

Will it work? no abs on mine, the 97 booster has a newer style m/c on it. I can make the rod end fit if it doesnt already ( I'm pretty sure I can rig it) just wondering about the firewall hole, bolt pattern, position it will sit... I know I have to get rid of the washer bottle.... just need a answer ASAP..

it will work but the 96 style is a easier swap to do...the 97 is a bit more difficult in my opinion...i have done two jeeps my MJ has a 96 and a buddys XJ has the 97...here's what youll need to make it work

-Power booster

-Same year Master Cylinder

-1/4 aluminum spacer (goes between firewall and booster)

-brake light switch (or you can splice yours)

-new brake lines from the master to the proportioning valve

its a direct "bolt-in" there is just other work that need to be done for it to correctly work...Hope this helps

it will work but the 96 style is a easier swap to do...the 97 is a bit more difficult in my opinion...i have done two jeeps my MJ has a 96 and a buddys XJ has the 97...here's what youll need to make it work

-Power booster

-Same year Master Cylinder

-1/4 aluminum spacer (goes between firewall and booster)

-brake light switch (or you can splice yours)

-new brake lines from the master to the proportioning valve

its a direct "bolt-in" there is just other work that need to be done for it to correctly work...Hope this helps

Thanks !! yelp I think I'll go ahead and get it then. I was just worried it wouldn't fit at all. Thanks again!!!

This is a great write-up thanks TNT. This isn't going to be to tuff a swap I don't think.

Is the 89's rod the same as that 87's in the write-up? The guy had a rebuilder do the rod swap,,,, it did't cover that part of the swap.. any guide lines on that part of the swap?