command trac

I'm trying to isolate my DW and i think its in the rear end either a bent driveshaft or a bad u-joint, with the command trac system can i pull out the rear driveshaft and drive my truck in 4wd without killing the t-case?

yes, check your lwb roll bar post, I just explained it there.

STOP!

"CommandTrac" is only a name, it could refer to a couple of different transfer cases. Assuming that we're talking about a Comanche, though, what they have in common is that when the rear drive shaft is removed, there is nothing to keep fluid in the transfer case. Mechanically it will run in 4WD with just a front drive shaft. But to actually drive it like that you need to put something over the back end of the tailshaft to catch and retain the ATF that's going to want to pour out while you drive.

What is sometimes done as a trail expedient is to cut the bottom off a plastic Coke bottle and use a hose clamp to attach that around the end of the tailshaft housing.

If you don't do something it'll pee ATF all over the ground for a short distance ... after which the transfer case will be running dry and will self-destruct.