Jeep Down!

Bout a month ago had a brake line break going to the back tire, had that fixed, $50. well the same thing happened yesterday, same brake line, I haven't run over any thing that could have hit and broke it, and it was secured properly so i know hitting bumps on the road ain't causing it, any idea's???

was it the new piece that failed again, or a different part of the original line? From experience, I can tell you that just splicing in a small piece of new line to fix it will lead to other blowouts. You should replace the entire line from the prop valve back to make sure it's all good. Not the cheapest/fastest fix, but it's the safest.

Jeff

was it the new piece that failed again, or a different part of the original line? From experience, I can tell you that just splicing in a small piece of new line to fix it will lead to other blowouts. You should replace the entire line from the prop valve back to make sure it's all good. Not the cheapest/fastest fix, but it's the safest.

Jeff

What he said. ^^^

A couple of years ago the hard line to the rear brakes in my 88 XJ broke more or less under the rear passenger seat. I cut it off there, flared it, and spliced in a new hard line from that point back to the rear flex hose.

The existing line split a foot forward of my splice while we were bleeding it after the repair.

there was a hole in the new piece of line, i don't how big or small, but any hole is bad. the only thing i could think of that might of caused it was the other night i put the brake pedal on the floor to try keep from hitting a d@mn deer, that may have been enough pressure to pop it...