Hard steering after replacing new steering gear and pump ?

1989 Jeep comanche 2wheel drive 5 speed ,Having troubles with Hard steering after replacing steering gear box and power steering pump I made several attempts purging  any air out of system but still  steering very hard lock to lock when I turn but as I’m driving forward steering is better only comming to a stop or turn does it steer hard ! Any suggestions ?  ! Thanks for help 

Did you ensure the steering reservoir is still full after turning the wheel a few times?  You'll have to top the reservoir up a time or two if the system is completely dry.  Is the pump making a clacking noise?  It generally does so when there are significant amounts of air in the system. 

The fact that your steering improves when moving means you have no power steering.  A turning wheel exhibits far less friction while rotating than it does stationary.

Yes I agree !  When I jack the front tires off the ground I get no resistance  I emptied the reservoir and slowly added fluid while I turn the wheel left to right slowly.and then adding more as I go  and still hard steering when I drop front tires on the ground  cranked up the truck and it’s  very tight steering !  Purging as much air as I could !   I’ll recheck to see if. Lines may be clogged or degree in system outside of that I’ll just keep turning wheel maybe it will free up ?