AX15 Select Fit Snap Ring (3rd Gear) Part #

After breaking the select fit snap ring that goes at the end of the 3rd gear and 3/4 Syncro hub I had a lot of trouble finding a replacement. After searching for days and ordering a few different parts, I found that OMIX still offers the snap ring, although it was hard to identify on their site. You can order them through Morris 4x4 but the picture on the website looks nothing like the snap ring which may throw some people off (I assure you it does not look like the picture on the website). I figured I'd post it here incase anyone needs to locate one in the future. There are lots of old forum posts with no direct solution. 

1.80mm Snap Ring

OMIX Part #: 18892.36 

EDIT: This is not the correct snap ring for the end of the shaft. 

I also ordered the Crown Automotive Snap Ring. I have not received it to confirm if it is the right part. I will update when I know. 

2.15mm Snap Ring

Part# 83506214

Ha!  That was my experience with my AX15 rebuild.  My kit had the wrong #3 synchro (they apparently changed style for two years or so) and it took ordering a bunch of random OMIX parts with no pictures to find the right one haha!

On 6/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, scaleless said:

Ha!  That was my experience with my AX15 rebuild.  My kit had the wrong #3 synchro (they apparently changed style for two years or so) and it took ordering a bunch of random OMIX parts with no pictures to find the right one haha!

Yeah my kit also included two of the wrong synchro rings. From what I gathered its very common to have a different mix of synchro styles...

On 6/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, Pete M said:

moving this over to the DIY subforum where it'll eventually get into the master list. :L: 

Awesome thanks!