MJ long wheelbase gas tank fuel pump

My 1990 jeep Comanche long wheelbase truck 7 foot bed.

It has a fairly new gas tank which by everything every thing I have researched,..

is the correct tank.

It is a spectra model number

JP 4B

Problem is everybody only shows one fuel pump available for the MJ, and I need the whole assembly with the hanger and sending unit etc. The new ones are clocked at a funny angle not quite horizontal with the bottom of the tank, and they hit a little shield/dish in the bottom of the tank, which keeps him from going in and locking.

I would like to find a complete fuel pump assembly with hanger and sending unit that is correct for this tank.

The previous owner had modified the newer style and did a poor job of it,.. so the gas tank gauge never read correctly, so that is why I don’t just replace the pump only and the filter sock at the bottom.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Chris R

F2BDCCA8-4C80-450C-9546-92BDA3BDDA16.jpeg

F4EC54EA-C0FA-4328-84F7-E1117D1CE790.jpeg

10A185F5-579E-40BC-A41B-4F083FA7E2B1.jpeg

21F222E9-F4F7-4F7D-9EC2-5140FBA5837C.jpeg

1727C1DD-B4B6-4757-A709-C3018EE63DFB.jpeg

1DC0C817-F994-4048-971B-F7060C5BF21F.jpeg

62179B08-8002-4FF1-A903-E136B0FB4F7D.jpeg

68674775-C216-473F-ADEB-1DD28262F507.png

Was good Buster,

I just did pump replacement this  last weekend. tank looks correct to the OEM unit.  As you have seen the hangers are not made anymore and if you bought one it is probably for a Cherokee. , yours looks just like mine from what I can see. The float ball looks to missing, but maybe the angle..  I bought a pump and wired it in to he hanger. you can see if local pick'nsave has and Comanche's? Bosch pump is what you need to put into the hanger. Comes with adapters since it is a smaller unit. , don't forget the get the sock for it too.

You probably have an XJ FSU in there as previously stated. The easiest way to tell is the supply and return line connections, an MJ unit the connections are angled as you can see in the picture above, whereas on an XJ unit the connections are straight. 

Good to know someone stepped up to fill the supply gap on these FSU. Anyone got a figure on them? Website didn't elaborate. Bosch pump was $69.99.  The factory unit has that adjustable cap on top of the pump, this new one looks fixed,  might be harder to scroundge replacement pumps if that is the case.?

27 minutes ago, Buster Enus said:

Thanks for the info guys

MTS is out of stock until the end of May, but I was was able to score one on EBay. 

Should have it within the week 

Was the one on eBay from MTS? The are some resellers of their unit but most, if not all, units on eBay SAY they fit an MJ but usually are for an XJ.